Grey Ghost Precision worked hard to produce an extremely accurate .308 WIN semi-automatic rifle that fit specific requests from soldiers operating in Afghanistan. Coupled with evaluations by Special Forces marksmanship instructors, competition shooters and hardcore hunters, the final form of the "Barking Dog" has several cutting-edge enhancements that make it the most reliable nail-driver in its class.
The GGP Heavy .308 MKII Rifle: a New Benchmark in the DMR World!
‣ GGP MKII 7075-T651 Billet Upper Receiver and Ambi Lower Receiver
‣ GGP 30 Cal Muzzle Brake
‣ GGP MKII Extended Length (15") M-LOK handguard
‣ True Black Type III Class 2 Mil Spec hard coat anodize
‣ Ballistic Advantage 16" .308WIN 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel with QPQ Corrosion Resistant finish
‣ Midlength Gas
‣ Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block
‣ Bolt Carrier Group is Black Nitrided and MP/MPI tested
‣ Carbine .308 Buffer and 17-7 Carbine Buffer Spring
‣ Timney Triggers AR-15 Competition Trigger (Single Stage)
‣ Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS-PRO Reversible 90/60 Ambidextrous Safety Selector
‣ Battle Arms Development RACK LR-308 Charging Handle
‣ MAGPUL MOE pistol grip and SL-S Adjustable Stock
‣ Includes MAGPUL PMAG® 20 LR/SR GEN M3™ Magazine
‣ Overall Weight: 8.3 lbs
‣ Overall Length (stock extended): 38"
‣ Collapsed Length: 35"
‣ No sights or optics included
‣ Made in the USA
NOTICE: CURRENT LEAD TIME IS 10-12 WEEKS FOR BACKORDER
Due to the change in laws we are no longer able to ship to CA, WA, CT, DC, MD, MA, NJ, or NY state
Federal law requires this product to be transferred through a licensed FFL dealer. Grey Ghost Precision requires a copy of the dealer's FFL for verification. It's the customer's responsibility to notify the dealer of the order.
BEFORE ADDING FIREARMS TO SHOPPING CART:
- Please read the FAQ's page of the web site so you are familiar with payment options, policies, etc.
- Federal law requires this product to be transferred through a licensed FFL dealer. Grey Ghost Precision requires a copy of the dealer's FFL for verification. It's the customer's responsibility to notify the dealer of the order and have them submit their FFL. Email copy of FFL to email@example.com
- Once we receive the payment and signed copy of the FFL license, we will ship the firearm to your dealer. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY THE FFL DEALER OF YOUR ORDER.
- IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE A COPY OF THE TRANSFERRING FFL'S LICENSE WITHIN 7 DAYS FROM THE TIME OF ORDER, WE WILL CANCEL THE ORDER AND ISSUE A REFUND.
At 1,000m I was able to achieve 5 inch shot grouping with this beast. Even after the barrel heated up I was still making groupings well within 8inches. If I was a better shot Im sure I could get them even smaller. This is the first rifle Ive purchased where I didnt feel the need to upgrade any of the parts. Great trigger, comp, barrel, and furniture. Only thing that I dont like is that I had no idea this company even existed until a friend showed me his. I dont know why Grey Ghost isnt very aggressive with their marketing but its a shame that not many know about this rifle. 10/10
GGP has out did there selfs with this rifle if your looking at the AR10 rifle and not sure who to buy from pick up The GGP HEAVY you can think me later
I love everything about the mk2 heavy rifle and for a 16 inch .308 it is very soft shooting and i have 6 other AR 10's and i pick Grey Ghost over all of them
This .308 AR-10 is an absolute beast. I always wanted a GGP Heavy, was looking at the Gen 1 version but when the Mark II's came out I had to pull the trigger. Right out of the gate it was a sweet shooter. I roll my own ammo so I really appreciated the adjustable gas block to fine tune the cycling and recoil of the rifle. Zeroed with a Nightforce NXS and was making first shot hits out to 700 yards which is the limit at my local range. There isn't much extra to do on the rifle either... trigger is decent, and their muzzle comp does the job well. I suppose a different handguard might shave an ounce or two of weight but that's splitting hairs. Waiting for a 6.5 CM upper to become available so I can really stretch its legs!